Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the difference between worlds

over dinner just now, i sparked a heated discussion with my sis on her first working day. she was rather frustrated becuz her boss, my former boss, wasn't around the whole day to settle the legal papers for employment. initially i thought, what's the big deal? you work a few days, and then get legally employed after maybe 3 days, and yet you still get paid for all the days that you worked. apparently, i'm missing a few things that my sis eventually brought up.

bonus? MC? insurance? medical claims? over-time? etc etc etc... things i won't be too lazy to care for. probably i'll just take whatever they throw at me. perhaps i never really did find a permanent job before, that's why i couldn't really grasp what's the scenario was like for her. i've only worked for short periods of time. for her, it might be a few years. and for that, the benefits entitlement would actually make a difference.

she mentioned her previous job kinda cheated her of 5 days of pay. that's why she was scared of getting cheated by other companies. to me, a case of cheating would be them not paying me when i went to work, on a working day. for her, it's a case of the company having holidays off and causing her 5 days of no paid leave. seriously, i would be more than happy to take the days off without pay during the probation period and relax. perhaps, that's where the difference btw me and my sis lies.

or is it that she felt cheated that the company didn't tell her beforehand that they were having thsoe 5 days of no paid leave for her, and that's why she became this defensive against trusting corporate organizations? or am i too heck-cared to even be bothered about this kind of stuffs and worry more on either the work, or my personal life?

in life, it's not always possible to remain happy all the time. things may fall on you, you get bruised, cut, crushed. sometimes, you don't even have the strength or power to fight back what you think is right. however, it's always possible to be optimistic about everything. it could be stupid and foolish, but the result is that you're moving yourself forward, keeping yourself on the move. i'm kinda like this, except i'm more of i-don't-really-care. haha..

吃一点亏,无所谓

it's a bit off the tracks, but...
my sis's attitude towards this matter, kinda remind me of my ex.
i could imagine her worrying and talking about the same thing if it happened to her. haha..

seriously, i hate having one ex. it's like everything that has gotta do with love, i relate it to her, or any memories of her. but it's not like i want another ex. that could go either way.

today's happy news of stats deadline delayed really throw my attention off. my whole self became relaxed. not a good thing when my procrastination sets in and here i am, and watched a few scenes from random movies that i downloaded. oh, i watched "just go with it." adam sandler, one of my favourite comedic actor, and jennifer aniston, one of my favourite comedic actress. normally i wouldn't bother to find out the names of the celebrities, but them... the names just stuck. especially when you watched the whole series of friends more than twice. it's like watching wong fei hong and you'll know lee lian jie.

found a nice friend today online. still don't know much about this person, but i'll soon find out after i'm done with my finals.

No comments: