Monday, February 28, 2011

New idea

After my hp318 health test which I think I did badly, I came across a girl who was texting while she was walking. Nothing special about that. But the thing was her facial expression. She was smiling, slightly sucking on her lips, in an ideal world I would picture that scene in a rather seductive manner. But the qns that I was more dying to know instead of picturing her in a bikini doing that same action again, is.. Who was she texting?

But of cuz, we're just strangers. Why would I want to know? That's probably becuz I'm a pervert. Haha..

In a sense, that's pretty true. I like to get to know more abt others in anyway possible. And one of them, include their faces. During interactions, ppl communicate mostly thru nonverbal cues. So, basically, other than words, there's a great deal of other information that's coming from the speaker. The face, posture, tone, pitch... Every thing!

But in the technological world that we're living in, will communication continues to stay as such? I'm always in a love-hate relationship with my mobile phone ever since I got one. Before these communicative devices, all I had was my home phone. And when I want to talk to someone, that person has to be at home. It did bring a lot of inconvenience with it as compared to today, but I like the simplicity of things. At least it was pretty clear who's interested in who. If I call you alot, that gonna call for something. But nowadays, it's different. Calls in today's term holds less weight than before somehow. SMS, somewhat worst.

I kinda deviate from what I wanna talk about becuz I can't see the whole post on my 'smartphone'. Haha.. Hmm.. Questions that I actually seek answers to are... Do we behave the same way when we do our texting, calling, tele-conferencing,etc like what we do face to face? It can't exactly be the same, since when you're typing like what I'm doing, you don't open your mouth and talk along with your words. That aside, how abt your facial expression? Posture? When the girl that I saw was giving that slight smile while sucking her lips (or biting, whichever), it certainly expresses a special meaning towards the other party. Or at the very least, the content of the message.

Logically speaking, it would be probably correlate pretty well. But the design of the study is a bit hard to
Imagine? Which situation should I conduct? Texting? Mms? Videocall? And with whom? Someone you know? Or someone you can see? What abt the contents? I was hoping it could be more emotional to elicit whatever emotions are available. But how should the situation be created? All these expt factors reminded me just how hard it is to conduct an expt.

But then again, it's this kind of thoughts that keep me looking forward to doing my fyp. Something that's interesting, innovative. But this can wait I got a more concrete idea of what i really want. I used to think abt the synchronization of human footsteps to music; following clear beats in an automatic fashion. Happens to everyone, or just me? Haha.. Maybe animals do that too.

Reaching home. So, signing off.

No comments: