Thursday, September 15, 2011

Things I just rmbed

And I forgot to pin them down here.

The other night when we were playing mj, there were 5 of us. So naturally 2 persons need to share. Usually they play different winds, but this time they came up with an interesting method of deciding who to play. Scissors paper stone.

Maybe that wasn't very interesting to hear. Probably becuz I haven't to my point. Throughout the game, they kept pitting against each other to see who wins and so, the winner will get to play the next round. It's also like deciding who is luckier and thus would have a high prob of winning the rest of us three.

As it turns out, although the original intent wasn't to decide who's the luckier one, but it works. The 3 of us got our asses kicked pretty bad with the pair winning over a hundred.

After mourning for my loss of money after they left my house, I began to think whether this method is a scientific one. Yes, mahjong requires skills and certainly skills. But psychologically speaking, I would say emotions play quite a part too, and also the attitude.

In terms of attitude, or perhaps the state of mind, the winner assumes a role of someone who is in luck and thereby play the game with a rather positive emotion and an even more optimistic view of his chances of winning compared to his usually perceived one.

Could it have been that all these factors contribute to better playing skills? And even possibly promoting self luck? I would think it's rather probable that the positivity may helps in getting a more creative and holistic view of the ongoing game, thereby giving him an edge over the others in terms of objective skills. As for luck, not quite sure what kind of scientific proof is there for this. But I always thought of it as something akin to a self-belief. And I have been considering gathering past mj records and see if any definite patterns come out from there.

Another thing to talk abt.

the other day while I was out with the interns, one of the females reveal, or think that she would have a high sex drive. That to me, is supposingly the first time a female said that. Anyway, I went on to question her how did she know that. I went straight to whether she has tried self-masturbation. Becuz I could only think of 2 ways to go around finding this kind of things. And the other would be a more sensitive and invasive qns to ask. The feeling I got from her is that she has experienced neither. She based her claim of high sex drive on the basis of her extroverted active character.

I could almost agree with her on that. It does sounds probable for someone who has an active lifestyle towards the partying aspects to have a high sex drive. As commonsensically as it may seem, how do you know you like it when you haven't even try it? Sex, I suppose, it's not like just another sports that you can play. It's being naked, it's doing something that renders you vulnerable with the lack of common armor which one wears everyday. So my suggestion to her was this, go experiment herself. Doubt she would listen much.

Guess that's all.

Oh ya, saw a recent news of a maid who was convicted of abusing an elderly. While I was on my way to sch, I saw a maid who threatened to push the granny in the wheelchair into the road while waiting for the green man. Well, I guess both of them are not on good terms. And I think the granny was maybe doing her best in irritating the maid.

Reminder to self,
Don't get a maid next time.

No comments: