Monday, October 4, 2010

a refreshing thought

when i was on my way from buying back dinner for my family, i had a rather refreshing idea as i walked fairly fast through the carpark.

i have always wanted another me.
with that, i literally mean another person, who looks like me, thinks like me, acts like me, sees like me. basically, a double.
why?
i believed my very first reason for this is i can simulate fighting.
when i first experienced the adrenaline-flowing (or epinephrine) blows-exchanging arena, i somehow got hooked. i actually wished to go through my close combat training again. just because we get to fight each other with a big wooden bolster for a few minutes, which half-way through, most ppl are already exhausted from the necessary shouting and random swinging of the bolster.

there are of cuz other reasons.
it's always comforting to know there's someone for you, beside you.
perhaps becuz of my tendency towards introversion, this thought somehow came up.

but the fact remains that this can never come true.
biologically speaking, they can't clone an exact me.
even though we will grow up in the same family, but we will experience different things and thus grow up differently, something like twins. also the shared and nonshared environment that i keep seeing in my psychology textbks.
additionally, i can only request for a clone when i'm actually sensible. which means, the clone won't be able to be the same age as i am.

and i won't wanna have a double me all the time.
just some time.

so i decided upon something.
i will be a friend to myself.
i will be the one to accompany myself through the lonely nights of reminiscene.
i will be the one to make myself a drink when i'm troubled.
i will be the one to scold myself silly, not becuz of the things that others think it's laughable, but when i knew nothing good will come out of it but i still went ahead and do it.

i'm pretty sure this idea didn't come from hebe's new song; love.
the song talks abt people loving others, but didn't realize the need, to actually love themselves.
maybe unconsciously.

No comments: