Sunday, October 31, 2010

love links?

i procrastinating on my desk with my undone presentation slides on dissociative identity disorder (DID, previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD)) while i chance upon the sg love link website. the ads got a nice girl that stays around my area so i thought i'll just check it out. one thing lead to another, i signed up. haha.. it's rather interesting to see if anything would ever come out of this kind of things.

a few observations i've seen through the profiles...

first, attractive females are not shy to grade themselves as attractive. but they will always avoid 'super attractive' to seem humble. i would actually expect more average self-graded attractive females of my age group, but nope.

second, their choices in males are almost always either at the same level of attractiveness as they are, or higher. same goes for weight and height. well it makes every sense for this useless observation. who goes for someone less attractive?

third, i've noticed some ridiculous profiles. "i'm seeking for blah blah blah... and rich." the last part really puts me off. rich. wthell. most probably if i'm rich i won't be commenting on this, but well, i'm not. and that particular profile just gives the vile feeling of just wanting a guy to treat you like a high-grade princess and showers you with diamonds and fancy resturants. yes, she is high-grade material. but i put my bet against her personality wise.

one thing to note, saw my friend on it. hmm... maybe that's how.

i was having fun at the website, enjoying the read on the various profiles of girls my age. and it hits me that different ppl have different stories to tell. not that i just got this realization, but you don't always think about such stuffs while procrastinating on a presentation due next week.

one particular one stood out as i read through the various profiles. she is few years younger than me, but is already a mum of 2 years old. quite pretty i should say. she got me wondering how she's living her life now. at least it shows that she has moved on, probably.

signing up was sort of against my ideal in life. i always thought love requires some work of destiny, natural destiny. not some artifical space-reducing dimension that enables matching of humans. it's gonna be 2 destined ppl that just bumps into each other in the middle of the walk way, their pathway somehow crosses and that's how they got together. i never really got this kind of feeling or thought of love this way before, until i met her back in my early teens. the introduction was kinda magical to me, it seriously feels like lala~ land. haha.. yet, the same goes for the ending. poof~! she's gone. so yup, that was my ideal.

as i must admit, things following that incidental meet-up wasn't so much of destiny but more of a work of mine, plus hers. a growing relationship of any kind don't just bonds with one side. but well, destiny started it. anyway, ever since then, nothing similar has happened to me, not even remotely similar. was it because i was a more extraverted idiot back then than an introverted normal guy right now? haha.. i guess cupid, if they ever exist, kinda gave up on me. or rather, the hands of destiny only screwed me up once by pairing me up with her and that's it. destiny is done screwing with me and decided i should be the one to create my own destiny.

and that's how i justified my sign-up for the website.
and also hoping that something will actually happen.

come on, life. surprise me.

i hate procrastination seriously, it got me writing so much on this blog while my presentation slides remain blank except for titles.

No comments: