Friday, November 18, 2011

A Friday noon

As I sat in a two seater table in a fast food named Texas chicken, located beside one of the entrance of causeway point, which is opposite to the library that I'm spending my day in for studying, I'm feeling largely unsatisfied in flavor but damn full from a 3 piece meal. The meat was quite plain, wasn't the same as before. Perhaps the marginal utility of the food drops more with each piece. The biscuit wasn't as nice as before. Fresh from the oven, but too soft for my liking. An unsightly scene in front of me of 4 employees sittin and having their Texas meals amidst the lunch crowd. First, they're eating the rest's food. Second, they're taking up seats. Third, it's unseen and unsightly for employees to dine in. Fourth, it's crowded already.

I'm progressing slow on my readings. Perhaps i haven't yet got my speed back since it has been a long break for me without reading. First paper in 10 days. I wanna relax, but at the same time do well in them.

Suddenly remember something Chiu told me the other day about him reading a course in music psychology back in aust. Self reminder to get the notes from him. Always have been an interest of mine to explore this aspect of psych. Music seemed like such a natural thing from the start of the homo sapiens, or perhaps even earlier in the days of the ancestors like homo erectus. It's hard to think a world without it. Could it be a natural by product of vocalization? Like the birds that chirp beautiful melodies, humans make music becuz we're able to speak, or make sounds with our throats. But then again, the common animals like dogs and cats don't make music. Or perhaps their kind of music couldn't be appreciated by the humans or we're restricted by the frequency of our hearing; 20-20000hz. I think I have seen somewhere on tv that dolphins make beautiful sounds too, be it as communication or maybe, they're singing too.

As I reluctantly get ready to leave my seat at this place which I'm not coming back for the rest of my studying days at the library, I start to anticipate the start of her first paper. And somehow, I'm feeling nervous myself. Haha..

Tml going to visit grandpa at ttsh. Cuz of some breathing difficulty with cough and phlegm. It worries me to think that I might soon face the reality of another person that I cared for dearly leave this reality and become a part of my hippocampus contents and permanently out of sight from my two vision fields. I can already feel my limbic system acting up from thinking about it.

Back to work.

No comments: