Tuesday, September 21, 2010

phone interview failed.

a few days back when i was busy strolling in the world of priston tale 2, i got a call from the tuition agent saying he's gonna give me an assignment i requested. however, the dad wanted to talk to me first. oh well, bring it on.

so began the informal phone interview. the dad was asking me whether i feel competent (or confident, can't rmb) about teaching pri 6 maths. he was commenting that nowadays the primary 6 maths are using calculators, and certainly the standard is higher. most probably becuz he can't solve it. now, at this point of time i'm just secretly smiling to myself. my mind was trying to send a telepathic message saying, you're a dad, you're maybe over 40, which is around 30 years since you last touch your primary school maths. it's quite natural for you not to know how to solve, like many other parents who lost touch with numbers. but what's the point of telling me? you seemed to think that becuz of the fact you can't solve, tutors like me might find it hard to teach? or even to solve? -_-

carrying on, he asked whether i was familiar with olympiad maths. i just gave a straight no. basically i think, if the children is able to score well in their psle, it's fine. why stress them on higher level maths when they can have more free time to create more memories for their precious childhood? only when you grow old, you realize you can only be a child for that long. it's a very stupid realization, but still. well, unless the kid is interested in this kind of stuffs, why not. i can sensed that the dad sounded disappointed in my 'NO'. so i made a very reluctant effort to make up by saying i will look into it if need be. although i believe i will be able to do if not all, most of the maths. well i did new south wales when i was his kid's age, i did international maths paper when i was in jc. i don't believe the olympiad maths is going to kill me, at least not so much. not that i belittle the standard of olympiad maths, but i believed myself too much. hahaha...

then comes the most bias question which i found rather irrelevant but something the parents will almost always ask. 'what's your secondary school? what's your jc? what are you studying now?' and to tell him, aiss, yjc, psychology, it's like triple knockout, one after another, back to back. seriously, my resume doesn't look nice with the school names. haha..

the agent later call back to say the dad was undecided and will call me if the dad chose me. my thinking then was, gone liao.

but then again, i was already hoping that he doesn't want me right after i heard his voice. indian. it's the smell. and if the smell can be detected from their body, then i would think that the house would be much more stronger.

中秋节 loh~!
the moon's gonna be round and bright and shining on the earth tml night.
还是那一句,

秋天的月亮特别圆

No comments: