Sunday, May 24, 2009

that girl

don't come into my life.
i don't want to get my hopes high.
friends are okay, going out is fine.
just don't come around, and then say goodbye.
i dislike fast-food friends. you're fast, while i'm slow.
you were gone so fast the other day, i could only keep you in thoughts.
you're pretty, you're smart.
so don't come into my life, and mess my mind.

i don't desire your coldness once again, but i still yearn for your presence.
i didn't fight to have you leave something behind when you were in my world.
you didn't leave me a choice, what was i suppose to do?
you put me in a position that i lost even the slightest will.
yes i missed the times i was all choked up inside with my overwhelming feelings of you.
yes i still get smitten when i see your smile.
yes and yes and yes.
but no, i never want to go back to those grieving days.
no one can promise that they will never break a promise, not me, and definitely not you.
but assure me with your smile, and i can't say never is never anymore.

No comments: