Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2nd week hitting the shuttle

Played badminton last week and this week; just yesterday. I didn't feel like i was underperforming, but somehow I feel the uncles are undermining my skills.

One of them told me to stay in front always so he would have space to move in the back court, just like how he and another auntie always play. I was thinking that that kind of play was more for mixed doubles, and to use it on me, is kinda like saying I might as well be a female. Haha.. Wasn't that pissed, so I just listened to what he said and tried to stay in front.

The other got fed up partnering me and told me to form the front back stance with me at the back. Well obviously that ain't gonna work if we just stay at that position -_- before the game begins, he still can say 'no worries, anyhow play only' when the other side tried to balance the abilities of the two sides.

Sometimes I wonder if im the difficult one to be partnered with. Is it becuz I'm too used to playing in a competitive game back in jc that I'm always move back in preparation for smashes? Or is it becuz my singles mentality always take over in the court?

Whatever the case, it's always interesting to do some self-discovery.

Oh, and there's a same age guy studying law in smu who talked a lot of things which I wasn't really quite interested in. Met him quite some time back. Maybe could approach him next time when I need a lawyer.

No comments: