Friday, February 19, 2010

初六

Sixth day of Chinese new year.
ang pow money seriously is a good source of money for the needy me.

it wasn't very special this year.
except for the fact that my family ate reunion dinner apart from my dad's side, and we spent the countdown watching the not-so-spectacular-but-still-nice fireworks at the floating platform. it's been years since the 4 of us watched fireworks together... family.

well it brought up some episodic memories
it amazed me that after all these years, i still have that touching, warmth feeling.
it's afterall an amazing time despite how things ended.

it's like the all-or-none firing of a neuron.
all the excitatory postsynaptic potentials came together all at once from all the neighbouring neurons and depolarized my resting potential, bringing me to a over a threshold of -65mV and from there open up the Na+ channel... the rising phase of the action potential.
it all happened so fast, but during the repolarization phase, the membrane potential went down below my resting potential of -70mV becuz too much K+ is out there, then slowly hyperpolarize back.

i've been studying biopsychology.
it's always fun to link relationships stuffs to things you find in the textbook.

found this phrase online from a website linked to a person who commented previous post.

~a man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance

it's true. i didn't really choose her. she chose me. haha..
she's my circumstance.

a couple of days back i kinda backed out from going to a party which i initially spontaneously agreed on. and also which i refused to offer my help to lend stuffs. i've gotta use "see first" the next time someone else ask me to go somewhere. this way i don't feel all that guilty and terrible, and the other party won't have much expectations. but in this case, i don't think the host has much either.

broke my Donald Duck blue mug which i have been using for years. happened in the morning when i just got up from bed and still in a dreamy mood. i clearly remembered the mug slipped off my hand and fell and then after the 2-year-old came running and grabbed my right leg. that kinda gave me a choice to put the blame on him. although i didn't, but the thought came up. so it seemed i don't think in a very nice way when i get up from bed. hopefully a new nice mug will be delivered to me in april, and there are no cute pictures on it.

~first tool of stalking; facebook.

No comments: