Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gfac refresher

It's been a whole week of refresher for gfac. Things started out kinda fast. When I arrived at plab, they said I'm expected to do a sim by that afternoon. I was quite taken aback by the speed, but still went through it quite okay~ made a friend there, an older friend, who helped me along quite a bit to catch up on speed. Travelling is a major time consumer, whether is it going to plab, or pawai.

The 2 days trip back to pawai brought back some familiar scenery. The serenity of the place was something that seems missing from my normal days. And the most interesting Ns experience from this reservist was having 12 of us, getting stuck on a small patch of land in the middle of the sea because of low tide and the person who controlled the ferry crushed into the land. We were just swinging left and right for a while. Lucky the high tide came pretty soon for us to start getting back to main land. We were all wet from the runnin to the jetty under the rain. Getting stuck on the land, and having the rain, wasn't really the best thing to happen. Just an unique one. Haha..

Something that struck me was the seriousness of my role in the army and the attitude that some of the commandos showed. The instructors on the course were proficient and serious about imparting the skills of gfac. Cause the role holds great pivoting power which could turn the table if critically placed. The fire power that I wield with just a signal set is tremendous given that I'm just one person. One guy I quite admired was a staff sgt called victor. He was, to me, the showing of what a dedicated soldier should be. He train by challenging himself, doing his best, making sure he's fully prepared, always prepared to help educate less-proficient gfac like me. Haha.. I wonder, was it the commando that made him this way, or because it's who he is, that's why he became a commando.

Another week is going to start for my work at dso. I just had a run this morn I sbw, felt quite good. I will let this energy run through me, throughout the week.

No comments: